Corona virus is an unexpected crisis that we are facing today. Nobody has expected it would affect our lives so badly. People cannot move out from home, markets are closed, industries are closed and people are struggling to get daily needs.
Even patients are not getting healthcare facilities. Government has imposed lock down for over one month which has increased the problem.
Schools, Colleges, Shopping Mall, Multiplexes, Religious places are closed. Corona virus has changed the lifestyle of people. But there is one major concern about corona is mental health for the people. Lock down is slowly affecting mental health of people and cases of anxiety and depression are increasing day by day.
People who are already suffering from a mental health problem, it increases more anxieties and also doubled the Crisis. In this pandemic and world crisis, it has become important to maintain our mental health during this crisis.
To create a healthy life balance where the world is facing many problems, it’s kind of tough job. To help each other and feel positive, I have prepared a list of things that we can do to maintain a good mental health.
List of Things to Do In the Corona virus Crisis
- Follow a daily routine of waking up early and going to bed early before 12 O’clock. Don’t stay late at night, watching Netflix.
- Try to involve yourself in some physical. Such as physical activities you can add in your daily schedule are exercise, walking, yoga, housecleaning, gardening and mindful activities like writing a page or whatever you feel an entire day. Reading will let you explore your knowledge. Meditation to remain calm and peaceful when everything is beyond your control.
- Keep talking with your friends and family and express your emotions. This is very much important for the people who are already suffering from depression and mental health problems. Because of lockdown, staying at home for a long time would increase anxiety issues.
- Stay connect with people you love to talk, do video calls and share about stuff you are doing these days. It’ll make you relax and feel you not overwhelmed about the situation going outside.
- Take online counseling sessions available. There are many free online stuffs present on the Internet that will help to talk with any expert to tackle your problems or even you can also comment on me If you have any worry.
- Learn the fresh things that you always love to do. Either Attend Online Classes or Read about the stuff to build your creativity and explore your hobbies in this state. But keep yourself busy with wonderful things.
- Discuss novel ideas with your friends. It would boost up your confidence and increase your hope.
- Meditation and prayer also help you stay calm and mindful.
- This last one for all the people who are working hard while staying at home , Take a break after every hour to keep you motivate and not stressed out about the work you doing.
Nobody knows when this pandemic will end, so Governments of every country are doing their best at their ends. NGOs should provide better support for mental health to the people. They can also start small livelihood activities center for the people who are not having jobs after corona.